MAAP Healthcare provides online education for coding professionals to advance their careers by becoming a Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA). Obtain your certification in less than three months.
The CPMA online auditing training course utilizes the AAPC curriculum, and is specifically designed to help individuals with prior coding/auditing knowledge prepare for the CPMA exam. Complete the course on your own time, at your own pace.
According to the 2013 AAPC salary survey those with a specialty credential such as a Certified Professional Medical Auditor can expect to earn an average yearly salary of $61,115.
Have we peaked your interest? Want More Information?
As a CPMA, you will be able to use your knowledge of coding and documentation guidelines to decrease risks and improve compliance as well as improve the revenue cycle of healthcare practices. Auditing is critical to physician practices and certified auditors are necessary because of their high-level auditing skills. Auditing identifies outliers within a practice before large payers find them with their software programs and request an audit. Reveals variations from national averages due to inappropriate coding, insufficient documentation or lost revenue. Assists with implementing a coding education plan by identifying under coding, unbundling, use of incorrect or outdated codes and code over use.
CPMA’s have demonstrated expertise in:
- Coding concepts
- Medical documentation
- Medical record auditing and abstracting skills
- Quality assurance
- Statistical sampling methodologies
- Fraud, abuse and penalties of coding and documentation violations based on government guidelines
Communication of results and findings
We at MAAP Healthcare want to help you advance your career and validate your knowledge by offering a certification in your area of expertise.
- Minimum of two years coding/auditing experience and coding certification strongly recommended
- High-speed Internet access with supported computer operating systems and Internet/Web browsers
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
* For best experience, use of a mobile device is not recommended
Students can begin immediately upon receipt of registration and first payment!
After your order is processed you will receive further email instruction on course access.
All-inclusive package is available in two pricing options:
- $1,449.00 with a one-time payment
- $379.00 per month at four (4) months financing ($1,516.00 Total)
All-inclusive package includes ($1,824.85 value):
- 20-hour online course ($1,295.00 value)
- Audio lectures, Practice activities, Quizzes, Exams
- Course materials† (Medical Auditing Training: CPMA® 2016; AAPC; AAPC publisher)
- Unlimited online access to mentor/coach
- 20 CEU’s upon course completion
- Three 50-question timed practice exams ($179.85 value)
- Final exam fee (two attempts) ($350.00 value)
†available online only in PDF format – no textbook will be issued with this course